Product Education Engineer, Terraform
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the Role
As a Product Education Engineer at HashiCorp, you will become an expert in Terraform (including Terraform Cloud) and teach others to become experts. You will be the source of truth for operational recommended practices, implementation guidance, and solution architecture.
Terraform is an infrastructure automation tool that is operated entirely in code and on the command line. Terraform Enterprise builds on that with a user interface for team collaboration around infrastructure, plus a code-based security tool for enforcing deployment policies. For this role you should be comfortable working with code and the command line.
This role is cross-functional between product, engineering, sales engineering, and customer success. You should be excited about taking feedback and requests from the field, coming up with creative solutions to real-world problems, and documenting those solutions for others to learn from. You should be passionate about devops, teaching, and education — both internally for HashiCorp employees and externally for HashiCorp users.
In this role you can expect to:
- Write beginner, intermediate, and expert training materials to be delivered in-person by HashiCorp trainers and online
- Write recommended practice guides for using Terraform in a production setting
- Write guides for teams who are collaborating around Terraform Cloud
- Collaborate with engineering and support staff to write internal troubleshooting and deployment guides for private Terraform Enterprise
- Write clear guides for specific Terraform use cases
- Create hands-on coding exercises to help practitioners become confident with Terraform
- Create slides and diagrams to explain the concepts around using Terraform
- Convert existing code samples to work on another cloud provider
- Record product demos using screen capture software
- Explore other teaching tools for educating users on Terraform
- Educate HashiCorp sales engineers on the new functionality in each Terraform release
- Collaborate with sales engineers and solution architects to understand customer use cases and document solutions
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role such as technical trainer, sales engineer, technical account manager, customer success engineer, enterprise architect, software engineer, or other relevant work experience.
- Experience running command line applications and developing/deploying web applications to the cloud.
- Experience with any cloud hosting provider (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, or any other)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - this will be tested during the interview process.
- Experience in teaching or education. This could be as a technical evangelist, tutor, or mentor.
- Genuine curiosity in learning how to learn and how to teach others to learn efficiently.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience operating and maintaining Terraform in a production environment is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with audio/video (recording, microphones, Adobe Premiere Pro, Screenflow or Camtasia) is preferred but not required.
- Experience with graphic design or visual explanations in preferred but not required.
- Experience delivering curriculum, exams, and certifications via training partners is preferred but not required.
HashiCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. #LI-EC1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.