Site Reliability Engineer, Terraform Enterprise
At HashiCorp, we operate according to a strong set of company principles, many of which are described in The Tao of HashiCorp. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. We are looking for a Full-time Remote Employee within the US, UK, Canada, or the Netherlands. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.Our Products
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Packer, and Vagrant. Alongside of that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.Our Team
HashiCorp is evolving its Terraform Cloud platform and needs help solving problems in the infrastructure management and site-reliability space. We're looking for an experienced software or operations engineer who is motivated to help deliver a better Terraform Cloud experience.
Join us as a Site Reliability Engineer to help us maintain and evolve the infrastructure that supports Terraform Enterprise.Responsibilities
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation that supports our production infrastructure.
- Work to constantly improve our resiliency by developing self-healing, self-assembling infrastructure.
- Collaborate across teams to improve our open source tools based on experiences found from running our own software in production.
- Dive into problems with an eye to both immediate remediation as well as the follow-through changes and automation that will prevent future occurrences.
- Maintain day-to-day vigilance with regards to security while helping to enhance the intrinsic security of the overall production system.
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts and ecosystem
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- Experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems
- Working knowledge of industry best practices with regards to information security
- Comfortable with Go or another low-level programming language
All work requires excellent written communication skills, remote work doubly so. For this reason, werequireacoverletterforyourapplicationtobeconsideredcomplete.
In your cover letter, please describe what draws you to working at HashiCorp and to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience are great to include, too.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.