Technical Product Marketing Manager - Consul
Do you enjoy technology and making it more understandable and consumable for customers? Are you looking to make a huge impact at a high-growth company? Do you want to be a part of helping the world’s largest enterprises re-think networking and security in a multi-cloud world?
HashiCorp is seeking a Technical Product Marketing Manager to help with HashiCorp Consul, our Service Discovery and Service Mesh offering that provides a new software-driven approach to networking and security. This role will be a key part of our Consul Product Marketing team, assisting with go-to-market strategy activities, and will own building technical content for the product. The ideal candidate (but not required) will be someone with experience using HashiCorp products and/or other Service Mesh offerings who can also build technical content, including demos, tutorials, competitive battlecards and insights, presentations, technical white papers, and more. This role will report to the Consul Product Marketing Director.
- Content creation — use your domain knowledge, technical expertise, and understanding of the security space to create content to help customers learn what problems Consul solves and how it can help them. Content should be easily consumable, simple, accurate, and polished, and will be featured product content on our web properties and in our sales process to help educate our users and customers.
- Cross-team collaboration — This role will work with engineering, product, and sales engineering (SE) teams to deliver slide decks, tutorials, demos, videos, and technical white papers that align with our go-to-market initiatives.
- Content evangelism — this role will own educating sales and SE teams on the availability and usability of the content. It is especially important to keep content up-to-date and consistently discoverable.
- Sales enablement — During sales enablement training sessions, showcase content and work closely with sales teams to iteratively gather feedback and build the roadmap to enhance content and develop what’s missing.
- Product launch content — Work with the Consul Product Marketing Director to deliver technical content updates that align with the announcement of product releases.
- Competitive analysis and market intelligence — establish an understanding of key competitors in the space and incorporate differentiated value into the Consul technical content and sales enablement materials.
- Technical partnerships & ecosystem — Understand the ecosystem of partners, how Consul integrates with these partners and other DevOps and cloud tools, and incorporating that into Consul product content.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- BS in CS/CE or equivalent technical degree preferred
- 3-5 years of technical product marketing experience with at least 3 years experience in a technical or field-facing role related to cloud, app dev, infrastructure, or IT operations.
- Industry / technology expertise is required in several of the following areas: Cloud, microservices, DevOps, networking, security, authentication.
- Ability to quickly learn about new technologies and ability to compare functionality and evaluate feature parity
- Ability to write strong, effective technical content (white papers, technical briefs, test reports, etc.) for external audiences with a balance of technical accuracy, strategy, and clear messaging.
- Ability to work in Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Slides, necessary demo software. Ability to work in design tools such as Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
- Ability to comfortably present and demo our products in front of internal and external audiences (large and small, live and recorded)
- Some travel required for customer interaction and HashiCorp and industry events
- Deep customer focus and understanding needed to build materials that resonate with customers
- Strong ability to take a project from idea to execution
- Excellent communicator
HashiCorp celebrates diversity and welcomes equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.