Product Education Engineer, Vault
Location: Remote US or Canada
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise-level customers.
HashiCorp is largely a remote company. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the Team
This role is for Education Engineer for Vault at HashiCorp. Our mission is to educate and guide others to use Vault based on our recommended best practices. As a Product Education Engineer at HashiCorp, you will become an expert in Vault and be the source of truth for operational recommended practices, implementation guidance, and solution architecture.
This role is cross-functional between product, engineering, sales engineering, and customer success. You should be excited about taking feedback and requests from the field, coming up with creative solutions to real-world problems, and documenting those solutions for others to learn from. You should be passionate about teaching and education.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Write beginner, intermediate, and expert training materials to be delivered in-person by HashiCorp trainers and online at https://learn.hashicorp.com
- Write recommended practice guides for deploying Vault in a production setting
- Write clear guides for specific Vault use cases
- Record product demos
- Build interactive learning experiences with https://www.katacoda.com/hashicorp
- Explore other teaching tools for educating users on Vault
- Deliver training internally for HashiCorp employees as well as externally for HashiCorp users
- Collaborate with solutions engineers and enterprise architects to understand customer use cases and document solutions
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- A passion for educating others
- Experience as a Technical Curriculum Developer or Technical Writer
- Excellent written communication skills - this will be tested during the interview process
- Experience in teaching. This could be as a technical evangelist, tutor, or mentor
- Familiarity with one or more of the major public clouds
- Genuine curiosity in learning how to learn yourself and how to teach others to learn efficiently
Optional, but nice to have:
- Experience in a customer-facing technical role such as a support engineer, technical account manager, or solutions engineer
- Experience using Vault in a production environment
- Experience provisioning cloud infrastructure using Terraform
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts
HashiCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. #LI-EC1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.