Sr. Manager, Product Management - Cloud Services
As the Senior Manager of Product for HashiCorp Cloud Services, you will drive HashiCorp’s cloud product strategy to increase both open source adoption and enterprise revenue. You will manage other product managers towards a common vision and mentor them to do their best work — user research, requirements definition, and roadmap creation.
Hashicorp Cloud Services provide open source practitioners and enterprise users a way to easily provision and consume managed versions of HashiCorp products. Users will be able to deploy and use HashiCorp products without having to provision and manage any of the underlying infrastructure. This is one of the most important strategic initiatives for HashiCorp, and was prominently featured in the opening keynote at our recently concluded community conference - HashiConf 2019.
As the manager of the HashiCorp Cloud Services product management team, you will own the overall success of HashiCorp Cloud, and you will hire and manage a team of product managers responsible for the distinct product areas within this initiative.Responsibilities:
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles. Engage with key customers and community members to drive roadmap
- Review and approve the roadmaps submitted by product managers
- Mentor product managers and give feedback on their work — user research, Product Requirement Documents (PRDs), field engagement, roadmaps
- Partner with the engineering team to deliver on roadmap
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Orchestrate technical sales training for pre-sales engineers
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
- 5+ years of product management experience with infrastructure products
- 2+ years of managing other product managers
- Experience with SaaS infrastructure products
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure principles
- Experience with managing open source products preferred but not required
- Experience with deep product design collaboration preferred but not required
- Humility and learning mindset
- Information seeking
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Please note we require a writing sample for your application to be considered complete. This writing sample can be a Product Requirements Document or similar document that showcases your ability to distill complex ideas into simple items that can be delivered by another team.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.