Product Education Engineer
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the Role
As a Product Education Engineer at HashiCorp, you will become a Consul and Kubernetes expert, and teach others to become experts. You will be the source of truth for operational best practices, implementation guidance, and solution architecture.
Consul is a distributed service mesh that connects, secure, and configures services across any runtime platform and public or private cloud. It is primarily operated in code and on the command line. Consul is one of the most popular infrastructure projects on GitHub and sees over 1 million downloads each month.
This role is cross-functional between product, engineering, sales engineering, and customer success. You should be excited about taking feedback and requests from the field, coming up with creative solutions to real-world problems, and documenting those solutions for others to learn from. You should be passionate about DevOps, microservices, security, teaching, and education—both internally for HashiCorp employees and externally for HashiCorp users.
In this role you can expect to:
- Create Learn guides for Consul on Kubernetes deployments.
- Write recommendations and best-practice guides for using Consul in production with Kubernetes and other supported integrations.
- Eventually, become a point of reference for Nomad and Kubernetes comparisons.
- Review Learn guides for other Education Engineers.
- Curate educational resources created by other HashiCorp staff, the open-source community, and partners.
- Convert existing code samples to work on multiple cloud providers and for mixed workloads.
- Collaborate with other education engineers, sales engineers, product management, engineering, and solution architects to understand customer use cases and document solutions.
- Identify missing use cases and deployment configurations.
- Have a genuine interest in instructional design and teaching others how to learn efficiently.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Experience running command-line applications and developing/deploying services on Kubernetes is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - this will be tested during the interview process and is required to be successful.
- 2+ years of experience in a content development role such as technical training or technical writing. Alternatively, equivalent experience in a customer-facing technical role such as a technical account manager, customer success engineer, or enterprise architect.
- Experience in teaching or education. This could be as a technical evangelist, tutor, or mentor.
- Hands-on experience with Consul is a bonus.
In your cover letter or resumé, describe how you’ve worked with Kubernetes. Please include a link to a sample of your writing or conference presentation, on any technical topic.
HashiCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. #LI-EC1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.