Software Engineer - Cloud Services Backend, Identity & Access Management
At HashiCorp, we build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Packer, and Vagrant. We have used the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise-level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Cloud Services is an exciting team delivering HashiCorp products as fully-managed Cloud services. We work across the company, and with multiple cloud partners, to make using HashiCorp products simple for our customers. We’re a small, but rapidly growing team, making a huge impact.This Position
As part of the Cloud organization, you’ll be a key part of a newly formed team tasked with building out our Identity and Access Management (IAM) services. This is a chance to make a large impact across the team and company, defining how our customers access our products securely. You’ll work closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers to get this project off the ground and into production.In this role, you can expect to:
- Build IAM services primarily in Golang.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of extremely large-scale systems.
- Interface directly with internal teams, users, and HashiCorp customers.
- Work with multiple cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Work with HashiCorp products such as Terraform, Consul, Vault, and Nomad.
- Have worked with OAuth2, SAML or other auth protocols.
- Have integrated with an Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) platform, such as Auth0, Otka, or similar iDPs
- Have integrated with IAM from cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Familiar with role based access control (RBAC)
- Experience with audited resource access
- You are familiar with micro-service architectures, and ideally, have seen them in operation on a global scale.
- Have a strong understanding of security principles.
- You have prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems; while we strive to hire at a variety of experience levels, this particular opening is not well-suited for recent graduates.
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss design and performance tradeoffs in complex systems.
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.