Marketing Operations Data Analyst
HashiCorp is the multi-cloud infrastructure automation company. Our open source software is used by millions of users to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application. The Global 2000 uses our enterprise software to accelerate application delivery and drive innovation through software. We have a strong focus on the practitioner experience and treat it as our “true north.” Our Tao of HashiCorp highlights a workflow focus as being more important than technology, and this impacts deeply how we think about user experience. We are a highly distributed company as well, with employees located around the world. Our culture embraces autonomy and asynchronous work to support a global team.
About the Role
To help elevate the business insights and intelligence which will fuel our company growth, we’re looking for a Data Analyst to work within the business intelligence group of our Business Operations team. The charter of the BizOps team is to strive for operational excellence and be the governing layer for performance of various business units within Marketing. Hence, the initial goal of this Data Analyst is to provide insights that will make our go-to-market motions more effective and efficient. The ideal candidate is primarily a problem solver, possesses a curious mindset, and is eager to help build, scale, and maintain the entire data ‘stack’. This candidate will have deep technical understanding and would not hesitate to wrangle data and understand business objectives.
This position plays a key role in data initiatives, core reporting, analytics projects, and influencing key stakeholders with critical business insights. You’ll work closing with Data Engineering, Operations, and IT to help enable our org to make decisions, faster. You should be passionate for continuous learning, experimenting, applying, and contributing towards cutting edge open source data science methodologies and technologies.
In this role you can expect to:
- Provide visibility of business metrics that measure the health and performance of the business
- Enable objective decision support mechanisms by democratizing data through dashboards or other tools
- Design experiments,interpret results, and draw actionable insights
- Develop analytical frameworks to measure and monitor performance of our GTM efforts across multiple dimensions (product, geo, segment, etc.)
- Use expertise in causal inference, machine learning, or behavioral decision theory to uncover issues and shape future direction
- Develop predictive models to extract trends that enable the business to adapt proactively to changing market demands
- Constantly find opportunities for growth and efficiency
You will be the first Data Analyst on the team, so there will be plenty of room to influence the direction of our business intelligence futures.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Ability to write complex, efficient, and eloquent SQL queries to extract data
- Ability to run rigorous experiments and come up with scientifically sound recommendations
- Ability to write efficient and eloquent code in Python or R
- Ability to translate business needs into analytical frameworks
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to adapt when needed, and savviness to thrive and navigate dynamic environments, with a growth mindset to build a successful team and company
HashiCorp celebrates diversity and welcomes equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.