Sr. Product Manager - Developer Workflow
Location: Remote US or CanadaAbout HashiCorp
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.About the Role
As the Sr. Product Manager - Developer Workflow, you will drive HashiCorp’s product strategy across mature and introductory product lines to increase developer and operator adoption for HashiCorp offerings, both on-prem and in the cloud. You will work cross functionally across all the different HashiCorp product lines and our Developer Advocacy team, and do so in a manner that’s consistent with the HashiCorp product ethos, but with a singular focus on the needs of the individual developer and operator, and the ways in which they use HashiCorp products.
In this role, you will develop a deep understanding of developer workflows, and how they pertain to the different individual HashiCorp products. You will help shape the product strategy for all HashiCorp products, as well as the emerging HashiCorp Cloud strategy, based on your insights into the needs of these users. You will help expand HashiCorp’s user base by leveraging your understanding of the day to day lives of developers and operators, and how HashiCorp products can help make them more productive.Responsibilities:
- Craft the product story by understanding the user needs, market landscape, and HashiCorp principles. Engage with key users and community members to drive roadmap
- Write detailed strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Partner with user research team to conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into clear requirements for engineering
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from developers and operators
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, white-papers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
- 3+ years of product management experience specifically focused on developer experience
- Experience with SaaS infrastructure products
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure principles
- Experience with managing open source products preferred but not required
- Experience with deep product design collaboration preferred but not required
- BS/BA Degree required
- Humility and learning mindset
- Information seeking
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Please note we require a writing sample for your application to be considered complete. This writing sample can be a Product Requirements Document or similar document that showcases your ability to distill complex ideas into simple items that can be delivered by another team.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.