Software Engineer - Vault Ecosystem
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant, and Packer. Alongside of that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
This role works within the Vault team but focused on long term special projects in the Vault community, specifically focusing on tools and features that enhance integration with third-party services and increase enablement with our partners.
This person will provide development support and guidance to external vendor development teams and the entire Vault community across a range of technologies.
This person will be a part of the core Vault engineering team at HashiCorp, working to provide a fantastic and broadly used secrets tool for businesses and individuals handling all sizes and types of infrastructure.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support integrations with new and existing external technologies
- Help contribute to the Vault community by providing code review, guidance, and support to HashiCorp employees, community members, and partners
- Advocate and support improvements to Vault APIs and core to improve development and integration of tools and plugins
- Work on issues and improvements in the broader Vault ecosystem critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have experience in a lower-level language like Go
- You have experience with customer support or OSS community support to help interface with the Vault community
- You have experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts and ecosystem
- You have a working understanding of commonly-used security technologies
- You have experience using Vault
In your cover letter, please describe why you're passionate about working at HashiCorp, and on the Vault team in particular.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you would be successful working with us, please apply anyway!
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.