Software Engineer - Terraform Ecosystem
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant, and Packer. Alongside of that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
This role works on a team focused on long term special projects in the Terraform community, specifically focusing on provider development and enablement with our partners.
This person will provide provider development support and guidance to large external vendor development teams and the whole Terraform community, contributing open source provider code across a range of infrastructure technologies.
This team is part of the larger Terraform engineering team at HashiCorp, working to provide a fantastic and broadly used automation tool for businesses and individuals building all sizes and types of infrastructure.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support integrations with new and existing infrastructure providers
- Help contribute to the Terraform community by providing code review, guidance, and support to HashiCorp employees, community members, and partners
- Advocate and support improvements to Terraform APIs and core to improve development and integration of providers
- Work on issues and improvements in Terraform Providers critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have experience in a lower-level language like Go
- You have experience with customer support or OSS community support to help interface with the Terraform community
- You have experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts and ecosystem
- You have experience using Terraform
In your cover letter, please describe why you're passionate about working at HashiCorp, and on the Terraform team in particular.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you would be successful working with us, please apply anyway!
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.