JOB DESCRIPTION: THAT’S A COOL JOB...I WANT IT
HashiCorp is looking for a high-caliber customer facing engineering professional to join its Support Engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team and have a direct impact on HashiCorp’s fast growing business. This highly visible position will be an integral part of both the support engineering and Terraform Enterprise teams. You are a fit if you thrive in a fast-paced culture that values essential communication, collaboration, and results. You are a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with an eye for automation, process improvement, and problem solving.
Reporting to the Support Engineering Manager, the Support Engineer will be a key member of the Customer Success organization and will directly impact customer satisfaction and success. The Support engineer will triage incoming issues related to Terraform Enterprise and independently work to find viable solutions. They will contribute to product growth and development via weekly product and marketing meetings. will attend customer and prospect meetings as needed to help debug or install the product and is expected to be a liaison between the customer and HashiCorp engineering. When possible the Support Engineer will update and improve product documentation, guide feature development, and implement bug fixes based on customer feedback.
RESPONSIBILITIES: I WANT TO DO THAT
- Triage and solve incoming support requests via Zendesk within SLA.
- Document and record all activity and communication with customers in accordance to both internal and external security standards.
- Reproduce and debug customer issues by using or building existing tooling or configuration.
- Attend weekly product engineering meetings to discuss issues pertinent to support.
- Collaborate with engineers, sales engineers, sales representatives, and technical account managers to schedule, coordinate, and lead customer installs or debugging calls.
- Contribute to product documentation, customer knowledge base, and best practices guides.
- Continuously improve process and tools for normal, repetitive support tasks.
- Periodic 24/7 on-call rotation
GOALS: I CAN DO THAT
- Holistic understanding of (P)TFE and the interaction with the TF ecosystem.
- Successfully perform all common work flows within Terraform Enterprise.
- 1 contribution to extend or improve product documentation or install guides.
- Ability to answer Level 1 support inquiries with minimal assistance.
- Ability to effectively triage and respond to Level 1 & 2 inquiries independently.
- Ability to provision and bootstrap (P)TFE instance with low-touch from engineering.
- Ride along on 1-2 live customer install calls.
- Ability to locate and unpack the customer log files. Familiarity with its contents.
- 1 customer knowledge base article from area of subject matter expertise.
- Ability to effectively triage and respond to a production down issue with minimal assistance.
- Ability to run point on a live customer install without assistance.
- Ability to independently find points of error and identify root cause in the customer log files and report relevant details to engineering.
- Ability to implement small bug fixes or feature improvements.
REQUIREMENTS: I’VE ALREADY DONE THAT OR HAVE THAT
- 2-3 years Support Engineering, Software Engineering, or System Administration experience.
- Production experience with Terraform or Terraform Enterprise.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Technical writing experience a plus.
- Well-organized, has excellent work ethic, pays attention to detail, and self-starting.
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Bash, or Go.
- Interest in cloud adoption and technology at scale.
EDUCATION: GOT IT
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Technical Writing, or equivalent professional experience.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.