HashiCorp is hiring a talented and energetic in-house counsel to provide expertise and support in the area of contracts of all types with a particular focus on commercial transactions with open source software element for HashiCorp’s software products and services with customers and vendors globally. This role would advise HashiCorp sales and business teams globally on all aspects of the business with an emphasis on contract drafting, review and negotiation, as well as compliance with local laws, including data privacy laws. This position reports on a day-to-day basis to the Director of Legal, based in San Francisco.
Location: Remotely on East Coast
- Support Sales, Partner and Customer Success organizations in structuring commercial transactions, and drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Support business teams in structuring transactions, and drafting and negotiating agreements with vendors.
- Advise business teams worldwide on legal compliance, including on data protection and privacy issues.
- Working closely with others in the cross functional teams, including finance, sales ops, tech ops, other internal teams to provide contracting expertise and ensure consistency and compliance with company policies and processes.
- Advise senior management and business clients on aspects of law globally and transactions of all types.
- Assist in updating contract templates, drafting global corporate policies and processes, ensuring regulatory requirements are adhered to and developing training materials on relevant topics such as the contracting process and data privacy and legal compliance in the sales and contracting processes.
- Other duties may include advising on general corporate, vendor relationships and risk management issues.
Requirements / Skills:
- 5-7 years of relevant legal experience, in software company and/or in a law firm counseling rapid-growth technology companies.
- Accredited law degree from a highly regarded school
- Admission to the bar and a current license in one or more states.
- Knowledge of subscription technology industry; experience with open source software preferred.
- Requires substantive experience with drafting and negotiating complex legal agreements (sales, procurement, NDAs, M&A, ELA, others); experience with other internal company functions or areas of law is desired (such as intellectual property or privacy).
- Substantive experience with commercial technology transactions.
- Substantive experience dealing with/collaborating with Sales, Sales Management, Executive team on complex contract negotiations.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision, while adapting quickly to a rapidly changing and challenging environment.
- Practical yet creative problem-solving approach that emphasizes addressing business needs while protecting HashiCorp’s interests.
- Balancing competing priorities of constituencies as compared to business needs and using astute judgment as to when to seek executive level direction.
- Our preference is to hire a motivated attorney with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team orientation for this rewarding opportunity.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.