HashiCorp is hiring a talented and energetic in-house counsel to provide expertise and support in the area of contracts of all types with a particular focus on commercial transactions with open source software element for HashiCorp’s software products and services with customers and vendors globally as well as supporting product development and release activities in the enterprise private install infrastructure. This role would advise HashiCorp sales and business teams globally on all aspects of the business with an emphasis on contract drafting, review and negotiation, as well as advise product management, development and product teams worldwide throughout the product development lifecycle. This position reports on a day-to-day basis to the Director of Legal, based in San Francisco.
Location: San Francisco, CA
- Product Compliance: Support HashiCorp's product management and development teams worldwide in all aspects of the development process and go-to-market activities:
- Advise internal teams worldwide on legal compliance related to open source products, private install software.
- Advise senior management and business clients on aspects of law in product development, intellectual property and related.
- Outbound/Inbound Transactional Support: Support Sales, Channel, Customer Success and any other internal organizations in structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions agreements.
- Assist with commercial transactions, procurement contracts and other matters as needed.
- Policies/Processes: Partner with marketing, finance, tech ops, procurement other internal teams to ensure consistency in implementing company policies and processes.
- Assist in updating contract templates, drafting global corporate policies and processes, ensuring regulatory requirements are adhered to and developing training materials on relevant topics such as the contracting process and data privacy and legal compliance in the sales and contracting processes.
Requirements / Skills:
- 5-7 years of relevant legal experience, in software company and/or in a law firm counseling rapid-growth technology companies.
- Accredited law degree from a highly regarded school
- Admission to the bar and a current license in one or more states.
- Substantive experience with product development, intellectual property, data protection, marketing activities, contract negotiation and technology licensing.
- Substantive experience with product lifecycle activities.
- Substantive experience with commercial technology transactions and dealing with/collaborating with Sales, Sales Management, Executive team on complex contract negotiations.
- Knowledge of subscription technology industry; experience with open source software preferred.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision, while adapting quickly to a rapidly changing and challenging environment.
- Practical yet creative problem-solving approach that emphasizes addressing business needs while protecting HashiCorp’s interests.
- Balancing competing priorities of constituencies as compared to business needs and using astute judgment as to when to seek executive level direction.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.