Director, Customer Success
HashiCorp is seeking a Director, Customer Success. This strategic role will be based in our San Francisco Headquarters and report to the VP, Customer Success & Worldwide Support.
In this role the Director, Customer Success will manage the US team of Technical Account Managers (TAM). These TAM’s in-turn manage the end-to-end relationship with our enterprise customers. As an integral step in our customers post-sales journey, you and your team will work in a high-performance, collaborative environment to drive Customer Success by providing lifecycle management for a portfolio of HashiCorp companies.
Define, optimize and manage Enterprise customer journey
- Find ways for HashiCorp to fully understand our customers’ objectives and become a trusted advisor
- Determine how to define, drive, and demonstrate the value (ROI)
- Create and drive product suite adoption metrics
- Manage customer escalations from your direct reports, and follow a methodical escalation process
Recruit, mentor, and inspire a world-class team
- Build a pipeline of great candidates and future employees
- Set expectations on performance and give feedback as needed
- Set up training schedules and mentoring opportunities
- Drive performance standards to ensure team is performing at consistently high levels
Drive alignment with Sales Organization
- Align with Sales on renewal and up-sell strategy and focus on selling with a retention focus
- Give feedback to Sales and Marketing on prospecting approach
- Outline Customer Success involvement during sales cycle, and where hand-off occurs
Own and manage key metrics for your team
- Renewal/churn rates
- On-boarding velocity
- Net Promotor Score (NPS)
Lead cross-functionally to drive customer success
- Provide status and updates to VP, Customer Success
- Gather feedback from other departments, including Sales, Support, Product, and others, to improve the overall customer experience
- Continuous Process improvements – CS tools, journey management, on-boarding, retention
- 10+ years relevant experience in Technical Account Management/Customer Success, SE, Services or Support. Technology start-up experience a plus
- 5+ years’ experience managing a team of Customer Success/Account Managers
- Experience in enterprise software release and support processes
- Expertise in open source and SaaS is a major advantage
- Experience and participation within the DevOps community
- Proficiency with status gathering and reporting for a large customer base
- Comfortable multi-tasking and juggling competing and changing priorities in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, startup environment
- Inspirational leader who can motivate teams to achieve and exceed goals
- Ability to provide expert guidance for HashiCorp product deployment with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault is a plus
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large and dynamic enterprise companies
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic and team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- Travel as needed - up to 25%
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
About HashiCorp and this opportunity
This is a full-time position with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
You will have the opportunity to work with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team. HashiCorp is a series C start-up in San Francisco that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure and also helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorp’s software suite allows users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.