Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Consul
Senior Product Marketing Manager - Consul
Are you a product marketer looking to make a huge impact at a high-growth company? Do you see how the cloud is redefining how the world’s largest enterprises think about networking and want to be a part of it? Do you want to be the leader of the go-to-market efforts around HashiCorp’s most widely adopted product?
HashiCorp is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager for HashiCorp Consul. This role will be part of our Product Marketing team and will own the strategy and execution for marketing Consul, focusing on our commercial version, Consul Enterprise. It will be important for you to know the ins and outs of dynamic, cloud based IT operations, and why service discovery, dynamic configuration, and new networking approaches are so critical. You will need to understand our customers and their needs so you can work closely across the organization to drive the right messages and go-to-market activities for Consul, deliver tools and training to the sales team, and help drive commercial success for the product.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates HashiCorp Consul in the market.
- Understand the customer journeys and align key messages to target audiences within those journeys, especially in describing technical capabilities of the products in terms of customer value.
- Be the go-to-market lead for HashiCorp Consul, orchestrating sales, product management, and engineering to drive product adoption and product sales, while helping the team quickly react to real-world customer and field feedback
- Content creation -- use your domain knowledge, technical expertise, and understanding of our target personas to create specific content to help customers learn about, select, and be advocates for Consul.
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products and product suite to the global sales team and develop the sales tools and training that support the selling process of your products. Provide product content related to value proposition, competitive differentiators, and product-focused sales materials
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; understand the market landscape and how to competitively position the product. Serve as the voice of the customer to the internal product-focused teams to reinforce solving customer challenges
- Demand generation – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for your products, working closely with the other marketing team resources
- Understand the ecosystem of partners and collaborate with them to drive awareness of Consul
- Serve as a product spokesperson with customers, press, analysts, and be a speaker at targeted events and a visible social media presence around the products and the key topic areas.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of software product marketing experience with at least 3 years experience in a technical or field-facing role related to cloud, infrastructure, and IT operations.
- Technical subject matter expert in dynamic configuration management or networking, with a strong understanding of the impact of cloud, distributed systems, microservices, and DevOps approaches
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Some travel required
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Strong ability to analyze an idea and develop a plan to execute
- Excellent communicator
- Experienced in core marketing functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
HashiCorp celebrates diversity and embraces equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.