Developer Advocacy Manager
On the Developer Advocacy team we help educate a global audience of developers, operators, and security practitioners about the HashiCorp products. Our goal is to reach both new and existing users to introduce them to the tools and increase their awareness of new or advanced features.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Developer Advocacy at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, as we span a global audience. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
In this role, you can expect:
- Define and drive our HashiCorp community and developer adoption with the HashiCorp suite of products
- Scale, extend and drive global expansion of existing community focused programs, for example: Hackathons, User Groups, Meet-ups and Community Hugs, and DevOps events.
- Work closely to support an existing team of developer advocates
- Curate relevant conferences and events for the team to participate in
- Coordinate and editorialize technical content produced by the team
- Grow the developer advocacy team and expand our footprint
- Partner with sales, marketing, and product to provide technical guidance from the team and support events, strategic customer meetings, and digital content
- Collaborate with internal teams to help define the product road map, market positioning, and developer program initiatives
You may be a good fit it:
- You have a general familiarity with infrastructure or operations
- You have managed a team before
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of, software developers is a must
- Remote experience a plus
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.