It is the mission of the HashiCorp Developer Advocate to build relationships with our incredible community of developers, advocating in dual parts for the tools and the developers. This role will advocate on behalf of the customer, inside HashiCorp, to provide feedback on bugs and feature requests, build supporting tools, write documentation, and improve the overall developer experience. This role is all about representing and supporting the HashiCorp developer community, and we are looking for someone who can share their passion for our products, while leading the way in the Devops space.
As a Developer Advocate we want you to focus your activities on adoption, revenue, enablement, and product as functions of engineering.
We want you to:
- Define and drive our HashiCorp community and developer adoption with the HashiCorp suite of products
- Deliver compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, technical blogs, and discussions to drive adoption of HashiCorp products
- Create webinars, white papers and tutorials about emerging technologies and industry developments
- Support the product team in helping to analyze, update, re-design and create compelling web and online experiences and easy learning opportunities for developers aiming to get started with HashiCorp tools.
- Gain industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at technology conferences, trade shows and press events
- Maintain a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers and operators
- Scale, extend and drive global expansion of existing community focused programs, for example: Hackathons, User Groups, Meet-ups and Community Hugs, and DevOps events.
- Work with community enthusiasts in the field and working with the open source developer community
- Collaborate with internal teams to help define the product road map, market positioning, and developer program initiatives
- Share best practices and help build a best-in-the-industry Advocacy organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of, software developers is a must
- Experience writing code, committing to open source projects, understanding of the community mechanisms of open source projects
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- A willingness to travel and the ability to work autonomously
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.