Deploy a Production Ready Vault Cluster on AWS in 5 Minutes
Mar 20, 2020
HashiCorp Vault setup doesn't need to be difficult. Learn how to use AWS native tools to rapidly spin up a production ready HA Vault cluster in about 5 minutes.
- Sean CarolanSolutions Engineer, HashiCorp
This SE Hangout hosted by HashiCorp solutions engineer Sean Carolan is for new and intermediate AWS users who want to get up and running quickly and securely with HashiCorp Vault, with minimal effort and setup time. It's specifically geared toward pure AWS shops that are using CloudFormation instead of HashiCorp's own multi-cloud provisioning tool, Terraform.
Watch the video above and then read the companion blog post for a clear picture of the process.
0:00 — Introduction to Vault
15:50 — Demo: Production-Ready Vault in 5 Minutes on AWS
44:26 — Q&A
- Is the workflow similar for vSphere and/or a local VMware workstation?
- Can you spread a Vault cluster across multiple regions?
- Is there an example Terraform script that deploys a similar cluster? Yes: https://github.com/hashicorp/terraform-aws-vault
- Do you have an example of a similar deployment that uses the new integrated Raft storage instead of Consul as a backend?
You can find the slides from this presentation here.