HashiCorp + AWS: Integrating CloudHSM with Vault Enterprise
Mar 14, 2018
Data security is a concern for all enterprises. Organizations often turn to dedicated hardware as a way to protect valuable information and secrets. As more infrastructure shifts towards cloud, it becomes increasingly difficult to scale security. In this webinar, AWS & HashiCorp provide one solution to this problem.
- Lance LarsenTechnical Specialist, HashiCorp
- Trevor HansenPartner Solutions Architect, AWS
Vault Enterprise & AWS CloudHSM help strengthen organizational security.
A strong data security architecture is paramount for organizations of all sizes, but sometime there is a greater security need at the hardware layer. Applications may have contractual or regulatory mandates for digital key management or authentication. To help meet these mandates AWS offers CloudHSM, a dedicated Hardware Security Module that operates within the AWS Cloud. CloudHSM helps protect valuable secrets, but how do organizations then manage the access to those secrets? HashiCorp’s Vault Enterprise is a trusted secrets management tool designed to enable collaboration and governance across organizations.
Watch this webinar to learn:
- How Vault HSM support features work with AWS CloudHSM
- The technological requirements to use HSM support features
- The behavioral changes in Vault when using HSM support
- 0:00 - 0:15 - Overview of Vault & Features of Enterprise
- 0:15 - 0:30 - Overview of CloudHSM & AWS KMS
- 0:30 - 0:50 - Demo of Vault Enterprise
- 0:50 - 1:00 - Live Q&A
Below are additional resources related to auto-unsealing and the seal stanza.
- [Enabling auto unseal in Vault Enterprise] (https://www.vaultproject.io/docs/enterprise/auto-unseal/index.html)
- Activating awskms seal
- Activating HSM PKCS11 seal