» Consul helps you define centralized failover policies for multiple datacenters before incidents occur.
In a multi-datacenter scenario, there may be a complete outage of all instances of a service at one datacenter. Building a system that fails over to another datacenter's services can be time-consuming because that logic might have to be written into each application, and it would require complex configurations. Consul avoids that task by providing a prepared query API. With a prepared query, you can write and register a complex service query in advance of when it will be needed.
In this webinar, HashiCorp's Vinnie Ramirez and Lance Larsen will demonstrate a geo failover policy using Consul's prepared queries. He'll also show examples of prepared query templates that can simplify the failover process even further.
» Join this webinar to learn:
- Overview of HashiCorp Consul and simplifying failover workflows
- How to write and register a complex service query in - advance of when it will be needed
- Examples of prepared query templates Demo
- 9:00 - 9:10 AM Introductions
- 9:10 - 9:40 AM Presentation
- 9:40 - 9:50 AM Live Q&A
- 9:50 - 10:00 AM Closing remarks & final call for questions
Everyone who registers for the webinar will receive a link to the webinar recording after post-processing (usually 1-2 days).