The Tao of HashiCorp
Position: Research Intern
Reporting to: Jon Currey, Director of Research.
• Perform research to advance the state of the art and HashiCorp's tools, in the area of distributed systems tuning, load balancing and overload avoidance.
• Work with the Director of Research, CTO and members of Consul and Vault teams to identify appropriate research questions, and devise experiments to answer them.
• Development of extensions and modifications to existing HashiCorp tools, to test research hypothesis.
• Co-author internal tech report before end of the internship, followed by collaboration on a paper sent for peer reviewed publication.
• Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op.
• Publications or experience in fields related to distributed systems.
• Experience in utilizing theoretical and empirical research to solve problems.
• Ability to communicate research for public audiences of peers.
• Knowledge of a programming language.
• Pursuing a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience building distributed systems
• Research and software engineer experience demonstrated via an internship, work experience, or coding competitions.
• Knowledge of C++, C#, Go, Java or Python,.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.