At HashiCorp, we value outstanding collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of the open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform their best given a high level of independence and autonomy.
This role will be on the Release Engineering team, which is a subset of Engineering Services. On this team, you will work with other Release, Software, and Infrastructure Engineers who support the Engineering organization as a whole.
If you're passionate about working on projects from the ground-up, and having a real say in how our products are built, tested, and delivered, then Release Engineering could be the perfect place for you!This Position
As a Release Engineer, you will join an existing team to focus on the developer experience and release process for our open source and commercial products. You will be embedded in one of the product teams and collaborate with peers to build reusable components to make our software delivery pipelines as awesome as possible. You'll also work individually with product teams to help with their successful execution of everyday software development, and to help promote best practices.In this role, you can expect to:
- Support product teams in all of their post-commit needs for builds and releases
- Help make our CI pipelines and releases processes as automated as possible
- Facilitate automation for the release of our products as binaries for multiple target OS’s and packaging formats
- Evolve our continuous integration test harnesses, and help the team keep test runs fast and reliably green
- Contribute to developing best practices for Infrastructure as Code, software build tools, and Continuous Integration
- Continuously improve automated build, test and deployment workflows
- Enjoy working on developer tooling and release automation for enterprise software in business critical environments
- Have experience scripting and writing tools in Bash, Ruby, Python or Go and have some exposure to unit and integration testing
- Feel comfortable crafting, implementing, and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Have a thorough understanding of infrastructure management concepts, ecosystems, and tooling (prior experience with HashiCorp products is a big plus!)
- Are passionate about automation, internal tooling, testing, and detailed documentation
- Have confidence in operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment, and a good understanding of their complexities and challenges
- Are excited to work with various container technologies
- Have a proven understanding of security principles and concerns
- Are excited about building software packages and software installers
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative, dynamic, friendly, and remote team
Please note we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to Release Engineering in particular.
We are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether to apply, please apply anyway! We would love to hear from you.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.