Training and Certification Coordinator
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
HashiCorp creates, sells, and supports a suite of open source and enterprise tools including Terraform (provision cloud infrastructure), Vault (secure sensitive data), Consul (connect dynamic services to each other around the world), and Nomad (run applications in the cloud and on premise). Our education team creates online and instructor-led curriculum that is taught by our training partners around the world, and our certification team creates professional assessments and hands on exams for validating practitioner proficiency with our tools.
As a Training and Certification Coordinator at HashiCorp, you will be the point of contact for our training partners who teach HashiCorp curriculum so that practitioners around the world can become proficient at using the HashiCorp toolchain. You will communicate with subject matter experts so that we can create, maintain, and publish professional certifications related to HashiCorp cloud infrastructure automation tools.
You should be comfortable managing multiple projects during the course of a single week, each of which will be at different stages of completion. You should be proficient at communicating with technical practitioners and business managers over email, real time chat, phone, and video chat. You should be proficient in the English language and able to edit existing material for clarity, spelling, and grammar.
While you do not need to write code or the command line, you should be comfortable learning about the terms and concepts covered at a high level so you can converse with subject matter experts as they create assessment questions, outlines, and exams.
You should be comfortable working with calendars and content management systems since the role will involve publishing and promoting upcoming training events through our existing platforms. You should be excited about project management, workflows, and improving systems for communication and collaboration.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Manage 20 concurrent subject matter experts each doing 1-5 hour tasks.
- Hold kickoff calls explaining project requirements to SMEs (subject matter experts).
- Hold workshopping calls with SMEs when they are stuck.
- Gather and consolidate feedback from multiple SMEs into a single source of truth.
- Proofread test objectives for grammar and style.
- Proofread questions for grammar, and style.
- Do a first pass at calibrating question difficulty level before bringing in an SME.
- Audit published tests to find questions that need updating as our products evolve.
- Communicate to training partners once or twice a quarter to keep them informed about our published curriculum plans.
- Publish training event dates and topics to our website.
- Update our catalog of approved training partner instructors.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role such as scheduling coordinator, editor, or talent coordinator
- Has experience using Bloom’s Taxonomy: remember, understand, apply, analyze, evaluate, create
- Has experience developing assessments and/or training.
- Capacity to grasp technical topics at a high-to-medium level. Perhaps has worked in tech or tech adjacent roles.
- Has experience using content management systems, calendars, collaborative spreadsheets, and other online collaboration tools.
- Has experience using task tracking tools such as Asana, Trello, Basecamp, Jira, or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - these will be tested during the interview process
- Curiosity about learning, professional development, certifications, career qualifications, and career advancement.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with the terminology, technology, and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and others).
- Experience with assessment platforms, badging providers, technical exam platforms, proctoring organizations, or similar.
- Experience with planning and scheduling in-person training events.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.