Senior Trade Show and Event Marketing Manager
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
HashiCorp is seeking an experienced Trade Show & Event Marketing Manager to plan, organize, and execute our global third-party events and trade shows program. This role will be responsible for working closely with the alliances, marketing, community, and developer advocate teams to identify key trade shows, align goals, amplify key content and messaging, manage resources, and orchestrate all the pieces across the pre- to post-show timelines. You will utilize project management software for pre-event logistics, staffing, budget management, creative, and post-event follow-up. The ideal candidate will have a track record of managing complex events and have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, as well as familiarity with project management software such as Asana, and Marketing Automation such as Marketo.
HashiCorp is at the epicenter of the cloud adoption wave, helping shape how the world’s largest enterprises are running their IT infrastructure. As a result, our events play a big role in how we interact with our community and our customers. We provide many of the world's most innovative companies with the infrastructure automation tools they need as they move to cloud. All of our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise-level customers in everything we do.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Own and execute a global third-party and trade show program, representing the HashiCorp brand at key industry events.
- Manage a $1M+ program budget. Must be comfortable working in the confines of a budget, and be able to prepare reports showing costs versus value.
- Work collaboratively across departments to identify trade shows and to build out the program based on determining objectives and expected ROI.
- Work collaboratively across other departments to ensure goal, content, and messaging alignment. This includes working with various internal teams on planning and managing event staffing and participation appropriate to each specific program.
- Build strong and strategic relationships with external vendors, associations, and industry partners.
- Manage the proposals, contracts and invoices of all vendors, from start to finish.
- Find opportunities and take initiative to improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes, resource allocation, and any aspects of the trade show program.
- Your responsibilities may shift as company priorities shift, so flexibility is critical for success.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 4+ years of experience supporting trade shows and events in the B2B, high-tech space.
- Experience with project management software such as Asana, Trello, or Jira.
- Familiarity with Marketing Automation software like Marketo, and CRM software such as Salesforce.
- Very strong project management skills, detail-oriented, and ability to think strategically and ahead of schedule.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively across different types of teams in a remote environment — including business development, marketing, community, developer advocates, engineering, and sales.
- Ability to manage several projects at once, with significant advanced planning. We participate in approximately 8 to 12 trade shows a year, all with specific requirements and deadlines.
- Experience in remote communication tools such as Slack, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
- Keen business acumen. You will be representing the company at trade shows, and making decisions on its behalf. Professionalism, insightfulness, and remaining calm under pressure are crucial.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills in a fast-paced environment. You will hit the ground running from day one.
- Ability to participate in travel. Expect approximately 25% travel.
- Start-up experience preferred.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.