Vault 1.3: Active Directory, Entropy Augmentation, and KMIP
Nov 27, 2019
See demos for three of the new Vault 1.3: Active Directory check in/out, Entropy Augmentation, and KMIP enhancements.
- Becca PetrinSoftware Engineer, Vault, HashiCorp
- Alex WyboSoftware Engineer, Vault, HashiCorp
- Nick CabatoffSoftware Developer, Vault Core, HashiCorp
We recently announced the public availability of HashiCorp Vault 1.3. Vault 1.3 included the following features:
- Active Directory Check In/Check Out: Allow Vault to manage check in/check out rotation for Active Directory credentials.
- Entropy Augmentation (Vault Enterprise only): Allow Vault Enterprise to sample entropy from external cryptographic modules.
- Improved KMIP Support: Supports KMIP operations for registering externally-derived keys.
- Vault Debug: A new CLI command to gather health metrics of Vault nodes.
- Kubernetes Sidecar: Inject application pods with Vault tokens via a mutating webhook service.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Support: New auth methods, storage backends, and auto-unseal interfaces for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
In this webinar, Vault Engineers will introduce and demo the first three features on this list: Active Directory check in/out, Entropy Augmentation, and KMIP enhancements.
0:00 — Intro to Vault 1.3
2:17 — Intro to Active Directory Check in/out
5:42 — Demo: Active Directory Check in/out
11:53 — Intro to Entropy Augmentation
14:40 — Demo: Entropy Augmentation
19:16 — Intro to KMIP Secrets Engine
24:32 — Demo: MongoDB Enterprise with Vault KMIP
29:43 — Q&A