Keeping a Secret with HashiCorp Vault
Apr 08, 2020
Learn from HashiCorp Vault engineer Nick Cabatoff how you can ensure that you actually use Vault effectively to allow no potential leaks of secret credentials, APIs, or certs.
- Nick CabatoffSoftware Developer, Vault Core, HashiCorp
Ensuring that secrets actually stay secret is not as easy as it sounds. Secrets can leak from a number of different sources including human error, compromised applications, and more. You have to consider secure introduction and the Secret Zero problem. Leaked secrets become incredibly costly for your business at a rapid speed.
In this talk, Nick Cabatoff will introduce the principles and best practices of HashiCorp Vault. You’ll learn how an application can be retrofitted with Vault to secure access to secrets and see how operators and developers can interact with Vault.
- Think Like A Vault Developer: Secure Introduction at Scale
- Authenticating Applications with HashiCorp Vault AppRole
- AppRole With Terraform & Chef
- Secure Introduction of Vault Clients
Browse the rest of the VirtualDays APAC sessions.