Twitch - Driving Towards a Modern Infrastructure
Sep 29, 2015
In this talk from HashiConf 2015, Tarrant Rollins discusses how Twitch uses HashiCorp Consul to overcome legacy infrastructure and solve complex problems.
Twitch runs infrastructure at massive scale:
- 2,100,000 concurrent viewers (peak)
- 100,000,000 uniques/month
- 7,500,000,000 minutes broadcasted
Listen to Tarrant Rollins explain how Twitch is using HashiCorp Consul, including:
- Why build when you can buy?
- The importance of getting internal mindshare
- How to disable deployments (and why you might want to)
- Using HashiCorp Packer and Puppet
- Lessons learned