Twitch - Driving Towards a Modern Infrastructure
In this talk from HashiConf 2015, Tarrant Rollins discusses how Twitch uses HashiCorp Consul to overcome legacy infrastructure and solve complex problems.
Twitch runs infrastructure at massive scale:
- 2,100,000 concurrent viewers (peak)
- 100,000,000 uniques/month
- 7,500,000,000 minutes broadcasted
Listen to Tarrant Rollins explain how Twitch is using HashiCorp Consul, including:
- Why build when you can buy?
- The importance of getting internal mindshare
- How to disable deployments (and why you might want to)
- Using HashiCorp Packer and Puppet
- Lessons learned