Product Manager, Terraform Open Source
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
Terraform open source is HashiCorp’s multi-cloud infrastructure as code product. Its open source community has hundreds of thousands of active, engaged users. The Terraform open source team is responsible for driving continued adoption of Terraform and leading users into the Terraform Enterprise SaaS offering.
You will drive the development of core Terraform open source workflow, conduct user research, define requirements, oversee execution across engineering, design, UX, and marketing. You will work closely with the Terraform open source engineering team to support iterative release cycles in order to improve the most widely-used infrastructure as code product.In this role you can expect to:
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Terraform practitioners, engineering, growth marketing, and the HashiCorp vision
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
- Create a consistent experience between Terraform open source and Terraform SaaS
- Define the product roadmap and strategy
- Write product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Lead sales engineers and support education sessions
- Enable the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
- 3+ years of product management experience with developer products
- 1+ years of experience with open source products and communities
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.