Engineering Manager, Terraform
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is a fully remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.Our Products
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant, and Packer. Alongside of that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.This Position
This is an engineering management role focused on our Terraform product line, managing an engineering team and participating in overall product delivery.
HashiCorp views management and technical leadership as two tracks, with a highly technical background being a requirement for both. This role is uniquely technical given the deeply infrastructure-related nature of the product. Given this unique situation, it is expected that applicants would be comfortable playing a mix of roles. In order of priority, this would include management and coaching, assisting with product management, and technical contribution and guidance.
Much of our work and libraries are open source and receive contributions from a large community of users. The majority of our tools and integrations are written in Golang.In this role, you can expect to:
- Support the career growth for individuals on a team building and delivering Terraform to a fast-growing customer base
- Work with some of the largest infrastructure providers to support strategic relationships with HashiCorp
- Help the team field issues coming from customers using Terraform to deploy their infrastructure
- Contribute to our growing engineering management team and culture
- Hire within the US, UK, Canada, and more to grow your team
- Ensure the on-time release of well-tested and reliable software
- An interest in building a support structure for engineers to help them succeed at their job
- A dedication to modeling and supporting a positive and healthy work life balance
- A strong and nimble set of technical skills across technologies the team interacts with, such as commonly used infrastructure technologies
- Interest in a management career track in a technical context
- Phenomenal communication skills for working across the organization, capable of building strong relationships with peers and leadership
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- Experience managing a remote distributed team of reasonable size
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and on Terraform in particular.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you would be successful working with us, please apply anyway!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.