Product Manager - Consul
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.About the Role
Consul is HashiCorp’s service mesh product for multi-cloud networking. Its open source community has tens of thousands of active, engaged users. The way Consul is deployed in large organizations creates a pattern of producers and consumers, where producers are responsible for deploying and maintaining the infrastructure (ops and networking) and consumers are the infrastructure users (application developers). The person in this role is responsible to ensure that Consul provides a seamless user experience for both producers and consumers and will drive the strategy and development to design & improve the workflow for both roles.
This role is for someone who will understand the challenges and pain-points in each of these workflows and design the optimal experience for producers and consumers. You will set the strategy, conduct user research, define requirements, and oversee execution across engineering and marketing. You will work closely with the Consul engineering team to support release cycles in order to continuously improve Consul workflows for producers and consumers.In this role, you can expect to:
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Write detailed strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Consul practitioners, partners, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision.
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all stakeholders. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
- 3+ years of product management experience with operator or developer products
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source
- Listening to understand
- Ability to explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.