Product Manager - Consul Core
Location: Remote US or Canada
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
Consul is HashiCorp’s service mesh product for multi-cloud networking. Its open source community has tens of thousands of active, engaged users. The person in this role will drive the development of the Consul product line — define the roadmap, craft the narrative, and coordinate projects across functional groups
In this role, you can expect to:
- Craft the product story by understanding the ecosystem landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from the open source community, enterprise customers, engineering, and the HashiCorp vision.
- Communicate roadmap status to all stakeholders. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Conduct user research, write clear product specifications, and plan sprints
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years of product management experience with developer products
- Experience in the networking space is preferred but not required
- Strong user and market research skills
- Precise project management skills with the ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of DevOps and open source
- Collaboration: Ability to work in a team setting with many different functional roles and priorities
- Curiosity: Interested in determining how things work at their core, always taking the step further to learn more
- Care: Take ownership over their work, will make sure what is shipped is high quality
- First principles thinking
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.