Product Manager - Provider Development
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the Role
Hashicorp is a multi-cloud company that believes in beautiful, simple developer tooling for infrastructure operations. Terraform exemplifies this via Providers, in some ways Terraform is its provider ecosystem as they are such an integral part of using the product. The Provider Ecosystem group is responsible for maintaining and growing the number of providers available to our users as well as making sure the development and onboarding experience is great.
This group owns two things, the experience for developers trying to write and extend terraform with providers, and the public place that developers can go to see and share best practices (registry.terraform.io). The ideal candidate will care deeply about developer experience and understand the importance of how to message that clearly to a wide audience.
In this role you can expect to:
- Conduct detailed interviews and research with users to understand their problems more deeply.
- Write PRDs (Product Requirements Document) that explain and detail problems aggregated from our customers.
- Prioritize customer, community and internal feature requests for the team to work on.
- Own and define the roadmap and strategy for the Registry and Provider Development experience.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have :
- 2+ years in product management or have a technical background in infrastructure or DevOps.
- Significant experience with devops tooling, or infrastructure-as-a-service.
- Strong technical skills or knowledge.
- Articulate and effective communication skills, both in writing and verbally.
- The willingness to fill in gaps with self-directed learning & professional development
- BS/BA degree required
- Collaboration: Ability to work in a team setting with many different functional roles and priorities
- Curiosity: Interested in determining how things work at their core, always taking the step further to learn more
- Care: Take ownership over their work, will make sure what is shipped is high quality
- First principles thinking
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.