Director of Product, People and Operations
As the Director of Product, People & Operations, your product is the product organization itself. You will work closely with the VP of Product to improve the skills of HashiCorp product managers through onboarding, professional development, and hiring strategy.
This role is ideal for an experienced Director or VP of Product who wants to take time to reflect on the essence of product management. If you've been thinking about writing a book on product management and want a real environment to ground your writing, this role is perfect for you.Responsibilities:
- Craft the hiring strategy to identify and attract product manager candidates with outstanding attributes
- Define the onboarding program to get product managers fully productive in writing PRDs, defining roadmap, and leading field enablement
- Build professional development programs for ongoing skill development within the product management organization. Collaborate with the People team on their upcoming Leadership Development Program focused on cross-functional programs.
- Work with the other Product Management Directors to mentor product managers and give feedback on their work — user research, Product Requirement Documents (PRDs), field enablement, roadmaps, and quarterly strategy presentations.
- Collaborate with the Product Management leadership team to improve our overall management practices. Mentor other Directors as a peer-coach.
- Identify process improvements to our overall product development process. Examples include building a reporting dashboard on key product metrics, defining a project management framework to measure progress on strategic initiatives, improving the PRD template, documenting a format for issue escalation from the field.
- 7+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years of managing other product managers
- Deep passion for learning and developing individuals and teams
- Experience managing a high-growth product line to $100MM+ annual revenue
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Experience with managing open source products preferred but not required
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Reflective and a continuous learner
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Please note we require a writing sample for your application to be considered complete. This writing sample can be a Product Requirements Document or similar document that showcases your ability to distill complex ideas into simple items that can be delivered by another team.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.