Product Certification Manager
Location: Can be based anywhere in the US - Remote
As a Product Certification Manager, you'll define a vision for HashiCorp's professional certifications across all product lines. You'll establish HashiCorp certifications as authoritative and desirable credentials for both companies and practitioners in the cloud infrastructure industry. You'll curate content from subject matter experts and assemble multiple-choice exams and lab exercises created by those experts in order to verify a practitioner's expertise in the HashiCorp tool suite.
HashiCorp tools are used by millions of practitioners to provision, secure, connect, and run applications in cloud infrastructure. These tools are primarily operated in code and on the command line. Each product is published in open source and enterprise variants. You should be comfortable reasoning about command-line tools and code as well as web-based graphical administrative interfaces.
This role is cross-functional between product, engineering, sales engineering, and customer success. You should be excited about interviewing staff who are in the field in order to learn about how customers are using HashiCorp tools in production environments. You should be passionate about devops, professional development, and education.
We want you to
- Collaborate with Product Education Engineers to define certification levels and target roles such as security professional, operations staff, or developer.
- Collect exam questions from subject matter experts
- Research, vet, and select third-party training centers
- Establish pricing based on industry standards and the target audience
- Coordinate the launch of each certification with marketing staff
- Help build a reputation for HashiCorp certifications as desirable for practitioners and valued by companies who use cloud infrastructure.
- Build workflows for future certification engineers who will follow the processes you have put in place.
Required Skills & Experience
- In your cover letter or resumé, describe how you’ve worked with computing infrastructure of any kind (especially cloud infrastructure). This might include networking, compute resources, security, service discovery, job scheduling, or any other cloud computing concepts. Include a link to a sample of your writing on any technical topic.
- 4+ years of experience in a technical publishing, curriculum, or related role such as curriculum manager, technical author relations, technical trainer, sales engineer, technical account manager, customer success engineer, enterprise architect, software engineer, or other relevant work experience.
- Experience with project management in a content-oriented environment.
- Experience with technical exams, certifications, quizzes, lab environments, and similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - this will be tested during the interview process.
- Experience in teaching, education, publishing, authoring, or other content creation or management role. This could be as a technical evangelist, tutor, or mentor.
- Genuine curiosity in learning how to learn and how to verify that learning has occurred.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience running command line applications and developing/deploying web services on the cloud is desired but not required. Optional familiarity with microservices, proxies, DNS, application monitoring, secrets management, job scheduling, or similar will help you excel in this role.
- Experience using Terraform, Vault, Consul, or Nomad in a production environment is desired, but not required.
- Experience delivering curriculum, exams, and certifications via training partners is preferred but not required.
- Experience working with remote teams is desired and will be a significant part of this role.
HashiCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.