At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
The Cloud Services team is an organization focused on delivering HashiCorp’s software as a cloud service. This effort will enable a distribution model wherein customers can use a fully managed service with an API contract.
This position is an engineering management role focused on building and managing the Cloud Services Site Reliability Engineering team which is responsible for building and operating the global infrastructure for our cloud services. This team will focus on improving internal visibility of our systems and reducing human intervention of operational tasks through automation of processes. It is expected that applicants would be comfortable playing a mix of roles, including management and coaching, hiring, assisting with product management, and technical contribution and guidance.
In this role you can expect to:
- Hire a world class site reliability team consistent with HashiCorp’s Principles
- Support the career growth for individuals on a team building a cloud platform capable of hosting HashiCorp’s products
- Work directly with various stakeholders for guidance on requirements for the services
- Develop Operational policies for monitoring and ongoing management (patching, upgrades, audit requests, etc)
- Work with internal stakeholders, including security, legal, finance, and other product teams
- Support resolution of Cloud Services customers support issues
- Ensure high availability of the platform through thoughtful monitoring and release practices
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have delivered similar solutions for a SaaS/Cloud service
- You are an experienced SRE comfortable with GO and terraform
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds: AWS, Azure, CGP
- You've worked with engineers utilizing, or worked with, low-level programming languages
- You have proven experience bootstrapping a similar project and building strong teams
Please note we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp to build this team, and what draws you to this role in particular.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether to apply, please apply anyway!
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.