Product Education Engineer, Nomad
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
As a Product Education Engineer at HashiCorp, you will become an expert in Nomad (including Nomad Enterprise) and teach others to become experts. You will be the source of truth for operational recommended practices, implementation guidance, and solution architecture.
Nomad is a distributed systems tool that schedules workloads across dozens to tens of thousands of servers. It is a tool that is configured in code and operated on the command line. There is a minimal user interface as well, but for this role you should be comfortable working with code and the command line.
This role is cross-functional between product, engineering, sales engineering, and customer success. You should be excited about taking feedback and requests from the field, coming up with creative solutions to real-world problems, and documenting those solutions for others to learn from. You should be passionate about devops, teaching, and education — both internally for HashiCorp employees and externally for HashiCorp users.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Write beginner, intermediate, and expert training materials to be delivered in-person by HashiCorp trainers and online at https://learn.hashicorp.com
- Write recommended practice guides for using Nomad in a production setting
- Write guides for teams who are collaborating around Nomad Enterprise
- Write clear guides for specific Nomad use cases
- Create hands-on coding exercises to help practitioners become confident with Nomad
- Create slides and diagrams to explain the concepts around using Nomad
- Convert existing code samples to work on another cloud provider
- Record product demos using screen capture software
- Explore other teaching tools for educating users on Nomad (interactive or project based)
- Educate HashiCorp sales engineers on the new functionality in each Nomad release
- Collaborate with sales engineers and solution architects to understand customer use cases and document solutions
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role such as technical trainer, sales engineer, technical account manager, customer success engineer, enterprise architect, software engineer, or other relevant work experience.
- Experience running command line applications and developing/deploying web applications is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - this will be tested during the interview process.
- Experience in teaching or education. This could be as a technical evangelist, tutor, or mentor.
- Genuine curiosity in learning how to learn and how to teach others to learn efficiently.
- Experience operating and maintaining Nomad in a production environment is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with audio/video (recording, microphones, Adobe Premiere Pro, Screenflow or Camtasia) is preferred but not required.
- Experience with graphic design or visual explanations in preferred but not required.
- Experience delivering curriculum, exams, and certifications via training partners is preferred but not required.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.