Sr. Product Manager
Location: Remote US or CanadaAbout HashiCorp
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.About the Role
HashiCorp products are celebrated for excellent user experience. The HashiCorp Engineering Services team is committed to supporting all of our product teams in their delivery of high-quality software, which meets all of the obligations of our contributors, practitioners, and customers. Engineering Services support the product teams in three key areas: release engineering, software compliance, and internal systems and tooling.
As a Product Manager for Engineering Services, you will drive the customer and practitioner experience around the delivery of our products. This role will be working closely with our Sales and Customer Success teams to help create an optimal product setup experience for various use cases and across multiple clouds.
Specific responsibilities include writing technical requirements for Engineering Services that will impact external customers, internal product, and sales teams. Interacting with our Sales and Customer Success teams to help drive the right priorities. Helping define a better approachability to our products for all aspects of the product lifecycle.In this role, you can expect to:
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from practitioners, engineering, growth marketing, and the HashiCorp vision
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales, customer success, and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, white-papers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
- 3+ years of product management experience with SaaS, Cloud services, or developer products
- 1+ years of experience with open source products and communities
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple partners towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make trade-offs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source
- You can listen to understand
- You know how to explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- You are reflective
- You are responsible and can take ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.