Developer Support Engineer
On the Consul team, we help organizations with service discovery, configuration management, and health monitoring. Community support engineering includes supporting the community and building or adopting tools (like GitHub bots, and metrics reporting) to aid in community collaboration around a range of open source tools and integrations that we have developed to help Consul solve problems for operators, infrastructure engineers, and software developers.
This is a support and engineering role that will provide challenges across a range of tools, languages, and concepts.
Some of the open source communities the Consul Team maintains and contributes to include:
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise-level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experiences that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.In this role, you can expect to:
- Respond to questions, ideas, and proposals from the Consul and HashiCorp community in the various forums managed by and outside of the HashiCorp organization, including sites like Stack Overflow, GitHub, and our own Discourse Community forum
- Work closely with the Consul engineering, Developer Advocates and product teams to collect and summarize feedback from the community
- Work with a range of platforms and technologies daily, including Kubernetes, various public clouds, new and emerging platforms
- Debug and analyze complex scenarios presented by operators of Consul and associated tooling, collaborate with practitioners and work towards supporting good outcomes for those users
- Organize and facilitate our community calls
- You’re comfortable working with and developing your skills across infrastructure tools and platforms
- You have excellent written communication skills
- You have a passion for the unix philosophy; small, concise tools; and comfort with command-line debugging in a Linux environment
- You are a fantastic learner, and are comfortable picking up a range of new tools and concepts quickly
- You have an interest or passion in contributing to open source, both with contributions of code and learning material
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway! #LI-RS1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.