Product Designer - Consul
HashiCorp is at the epicenter of the cloud adoption wave, helping shape how the world’s largest enterprises are running their IT infrastructure. We provide many of the world's most innovative companies with the infrastructure automation tools they need as they move to cloud. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
As a Product Designer working on Consul at HashiCorp, you’ll work on a popular tool our customers place a high level of trust in. Operators utilizing Consul interact with it via CLI, API, integrated systems, and a browser-based UI. The Product Design team is focused on understanding our user's goals in order to craft UI that will afford the productivity of an experienced CLI user while also providing the insights and interactivity that the best dashboard design enables.
The Design team at HashiCorp is small but growing. The team, as well as the rest of the teams you'll work with cross-functionally (in product management, content strategy, engineering, and marketing) are largely remote. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers on the long term vision of the product
- Organize design review meetings with stakeholders and customers to gain deep product insight which you'll use in your design process
- Produce design documentation, including personas and user flows
- Distill complex problems and data models into highly usable and efficient UI experiences
- Think in systems within a shared language of patterns across the HashiCorp tools
- Collaborate with other designers on the team to build a shared product design system
You may be a good fit for our team if you:
- Have a minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Have design experience with B2B tools
- Are comfortable in a highly technical space and can ask the right technical questions to aid in your design process
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a portfolio showing experience modeling complex data/systems and designing dashboards
- Demonstrate comfort with an iterative design process driven by feedback and constructive criticism
As a bonus, you may additionally:
- Be familiar with infrastructure management concepts
- Have experience conducting user research (remote user testing, survey research, usability testing, field research)
- Have experience with prototyping tools
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.