A strong data security architecture is paramount for organizations of all sizes, but sometime there is a greater security need at the hardware layer. Applications may have contractual or regulatory mandates for digital key management or authentication. To help meet these mandates AWS offers CloudHSM, a dedicated Hardware Security Module that operates within the AWS Cloud. CloudHSM helps protect valuable secrets, but how do organizations then manage the access to those secrets? HashiCorp’s Vault Enterprise is a trusted secrets management tool designed to enable collaboration and governance across organizations. Vault Enterprise supports AWS CloudHSM with two key features:
- Master Key Wrapping: Vault protects its master key by transitioning it through the HSM for encryption rather than splitting into key shares
- Automatic Unsealing: Vault stores its encrypted master key in storage, allowing for automatic unsealing
This webinar will feature Lance Larsen from HashiCorp and Trevor Hansen from AWS to cover both Vault and CloudHSM. We’ll conduct live demos and answer questions you might have about these solutions.
» Join us to learn about:
- How Vault HSM support features work with AWS CloudHSM
- The technological requirements to use HSM support features
- The behavioral changes in Vault when using HSM support
- 9:00 - 9:05 AMIntroduction: Peter McCarron
- 9:05 - 9:20 AMVault product overview and Enterprise Integration with CloudHSM: Lance Larsen
- 9:20 - 9:40 AMAWS Cloud Security Overview, KMS, CloudHSM: Trevor Hansen
- 9:40 - 9:50 AMDemo of Vault Enterprise auto-unseal with CloudHSM
- 9:50 - 10:00 AMQ&A
Everyone who registers for the webinar will receive a link to the webinar recording after post-processing (usually 1-2 days).