Unlocking the Cloud Operating Model: Self-Service Provisioning
Nov 10, 2019
An estimated $14B is spent on idle, orphaned, and over-sized cloud resources annually. Learn how Terraform can help.
Director of Product Marketing, HashiCorp
When moving to the cloud, the infrastructure layer transitions from running dedicated servers at limited scale to a dynamic environment where organizations can adjust to growing demand by spinning up servers and scaling them down when not in use.
Infrastructure provisioning automation is the foundation of the cloud operating model. HashiCorp Terraform is the most widely used cloud provisioning product. It can be used to provision infrastructure for any application using an array of providers for any target platform, helping organizations transition to the cloud seamlessly.
In this webinar with Terraform Product Marketing Manager Meghan Liese, you'll learn how to unlock a powerful cloud operating model starting with infrastructure provisioning automation via infrastructure as code. You'll learn about the people, process, and technology required for this cloud transition, and you'll also learn how Terraform helps with the following:
- Infrastructure as code
- Enforcing policies that...
- Prevent breaches
- Ensure regulatory compliance
- Enforce operational best practices
- Use case: Multi-cloud compliance and management
- Bring Shadow IT into the light
- Enable integrated developer workflows for greater agility
- Use case: Self-service infrastructure
- Expose a single control plane for cloud provisioning
- Allow broad open source and enterprise tooling integrations
0:00 — Introduction and audience poll
2:35 — About HashiCorp and the cloud operating model
14:08 — Introduction to HashiCorp Terraform
22:00 — Understanding operations without a manual gatekeeper
29:26 — Terraform use cases
36:15 — Terraform adoption patterns and conclusion
» Additional webinars in the Cloud Operating Model series
- Unlocking the Cloud Operating Model: People, Process, Tools
- Unlocking the Cloud Operating Model: Security in Multi-Cloud
- Unlocking the Cloud Operating Model: Networking in Multi-Cloud