Unlocking the Cloud Operating Model: People, Process, Tools
Jun 06, 2019
How does enterprise IT shift from being technology gatekeepers to enablers. From ticket-based IT to self-service IT?
Global Field CTO, HashiCorp
To unlock the fastest path to value from the cloud, enterprises must consider how to industrialize the application delivery process across each layer of the cloud environment, namely
This means embracing the cloud operating model and adapting your people, process, and tools to it.
In this webinar, HashiCorp Global CTO Brent Holden will look at the implications of the cloud operating model and present solutions for IT teams to adopt this model across infrastructure provisioning, security, networking, and application delivery.
» What you will learn
- What is the cloud operating model and why is it becoming so necessary?
- How can you simplify operations for a multi-cloud reality, where skills can be applied consistently regardless of target cloud environment?
- How do you position central IT services as a self-service enabler of speed versus a ticket-based gatekeeper of control while retaining compliance and governance?
- How do you unlock the value of the unique capabilities of each cloud provider in the pursuit of better customer experience and business value?
0:00 — Company Introduction
3:00 — The Transition to Multi-cloud and the Cloud Operating Model
11:48 — Cloud Provisioning with Terraform
20:10 — Cloud Security with Vault
26:27 — Cloud Networking with Consul
34:12 — Cloud Deployment with Nomad
36:50 — Reviewing the Cloud Operating Model
39:52 — Q&A
- Regarding Consul—does it keep track of which service uses an IP and then update firewall rules that are IP based? Or does Consul act like the firewall?
- Can Consul update the iptable for firewall rules?
- Can Consul replace firewalls to restrict access with intentions?
- Does Consul integrate with traditional next-gen firewalls like Palo Alto and others?
- Can HashiCorp solutions work with Apigee for API Management?
- Is there a list of Consul integrations?
- Are there any resources on how Consul works with Azure?
- How is Consul different from Istio?
- Is there a place where I can find reference architectures? Yes: HashiCorp Learn