We are pleased to announce the release of HashiCorp Vagrant 1.9.6. This release includes many improvements and bug fixes.
Notable improvements and bug fixes contained in Vagrant 1.9.6:
- Snapshots: The snapshot command has been updated to prevent overwriting existing snapshots and to return expected status codes.
- Docker Provisioner: The Docker provisioner now includes a
post_install_provisioneroption to enable Docker-related setup after installation but prior to the Vagrant provision.
- Hyper-V: Hyper-V box imports now unpack and install correctly.
- Provisioners: Provisioner duplication has been fixed to prevent multiple executions.
- SmartOS: Guest capability enhancements.
This release also includes some updates in the installer packages. These updates include:
- Update to Ruby version 2.3.4.
- Fix for Gem installations requiring libxml2 and libxslt (like nokogiri).
- Update to more recent versions for embedded libraries and executables.
- Complete rebuild of Windows packages that now include expected core applications like rsync and ssh.
There are many more improvements, and bug fixes in this release. For a complete list of changes, please review the v1.9.6 changelog.