We are excited to announce the first HashiConf EU from June 13th to June 15th at Westerliefde in Amsterdam, Netherlands. HashiConf EU will be one day of training followed by two days of talks dedicated to all things HashiCorp. The training day will have four training courses across beginner and advanced levels taught by HashiCorp engineers. Conference presentations will be given by experienced users of our tools and HashiCorp's project leads. We are delighted that Xebia is our conference and knowledge partner, and is fully committed to make it a success.
Join us for three days in Amsterdam to celebrate the HashiCorp community and apply our collective experience to automate infrastructure management.
Last year's HashiConf in Portland, Oregon brought together over 300 attendees, speakers, and sponsors to learn and apply their collective knowledge on infrastructure automation. Speakers from companies such as Stripe, Docker, Capital One, and Amazon spoke about how HashiCorp tools have improved their application delivery workflows. Those talks can be viewed here. HashiConf EU will build on this success and bring the same wonderful experience to Europe.
HashiConf EU is a three day conference, with the first day dedicated to training courses and the final two days filled with conference talks. Attendees can attend just training, just the talks, or both.
The training day will have four courses:
- Introduction to the HashiCorp Ecosystem: This introductory course is designed for users interested in modern infrastructure and the HashiCorp ecosystem. Participants will learn about each product in the HashiCorp suite and how the products integrate with each other and best practices for doing so.
- Modern Infrastructure with Terraform & Consul: Topics include provisioning and managing infrastructure with Terraform, monitoring infrastructure with Consul, building reactive infrastructure with Consul tools, and using Atlas to manage and monitor infrastructure in a team environment.
- Building Secure Applications with Vault: This course is designed for both Vault administrators operationalizing vault and developers writing applications that utilize Vault secrets.
- Intermediate Terraform: This training is aimed at existing Terraform users who desire an in-depth exploration of Terraform's core and advanced features.
We are excited to engage with our users, teach best practices with HashiCorp tooling, and answer questions from the group.
Each day of the conference will have two tracks. One track will be dedicated to "Workflows", which will cover how to construct efficient workflows to build and change infrastructure. This includes topics related to Vagrant, Otto, Packer, and Terraform, as well as higher-level themes of DevOps, continuous delivery, and organizational culture. The other track will be focused on "Runtime", which will cover how to successfully orchestrate and maintain production applications at scale. This includes topics related to Serf, Consul, Nomad, and Vault, as well as higher-level themes of microservices, grid-based architectures, containers, and securing dynamic environments.
With both training courses and conference talks, HashiConf EU will provide a tremendous amount of educational content.
Tickets are on sale now! You can purchase HashiConf EU 2016 tickets here. We are offering €100 off as an early bird discount on training and conference tickets until March 8th.
Early bird tickets for training courses are available for €599. Standard tickets will go on sale for €699. There is a limit to the number of students per training, so purchase these tickets quickly. Group discounts (3+) for training are also available, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Early bird tickets for the conference are available for €499 today, and full priced tickets will be €599. Training tickets and conference tickets are sold separately, but both are eligible for early bird discounts.
Call for Papers
The CFP is open today and will close on March 8th, 2016 midnight UTC. You can submit a talk using our online CFP form.
The CFP talks will be reviewed and accepted in one batch; they will not be accepted on a rolling basis. All submissions will receive notification by Friday, April 13th, 2016.
We are looking for highly technical talks focused around the following themes:
- Development to production workflows
- Infrastructure automation and management
- Microservice architecture deployment and maintenance
- Security for applications, infrastructure, and containers
- Separation of infrastructure and applications with schedulers
- Deploying applications at global scale
- Work culture in a highly automated environment
- HashiCorp OSS: Vagrant, Packer, Serf, Consul, Terraform, Vault, Nomad, Otto
- Using Atlas with HashiCorp tooling
If your company is unable to sponsor your travel, HashiCorp will cover airfare costs (up to €1,000) and two nights of accommodation! Please check the appropriate box in the CFP; your selection will not impact talk selection and is only used for budgetary purposes.
We have a number of sponsorship packages available and details can be found in the HashiConf EU 2016 sponsor prospectus . If you have have any questions regarding sponsorships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to Xebia for helping to plan this exciting event!