We are excited to share the results of HashiCorp's first Community Gardening Day! The goal of this event was to get more contributors involved with the Terraform AWS provider by collaborating directly with the HashiCorp engineering team.
On June 21st over 20 people from the community participated and worked with the HashiCorp Terraform Provider team and as a result they were able to:
- Close 128 issues, which reduced the issue backlog below 1,600
- Merge 53 pull requests
- Add detailed documentation to replicate bugs
Most of these contributions occured in just one day— a huge thank you to the community members who participated and the companies who sponsored contributor's time! It is amazing to work with such a fun, collaborative, and invested community.
Special thanks to the following:
- Merlin @pawelsocha for closing the oldest ticket (#71)
- Kit Ewbanks @ewbankkit for closing and merging the most issues at 41
- Saravanan Palanisamy @saravanan30erd came in a close second and closed 32 issues
- NextGen Healthcare for donating an employee’s time to work on the Community Gardening.
Overall this was a great event that improved the health of the Terraform AWS provider. Based on this experience, we will host additional Community Gardening Days with other providers. We will also start Community Hours where HashiCorp engineers will be available at set times on a monthly basis in Gitter to answer questions. Stay tuned for more details.
Thank you again to everyone who participated!