Infrastructure Engineer, Product Practices
At HashiCorp, we build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Packer, and Vagrant. We use the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. We are looking for a Full-time Remote Employee within the US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, or the Netherlands. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.Our Team
The Product Practices team is a new team focused on developing and maintaining our HashiCorp platform to help meet the needs of our customers and internal users. This role will be working closely with our Sales and Customer Success teams to help create an optimal product setup experience for various use cases and across multiple clouds. This team will be part of Engineering Services, which is committed to supporting all of our product teams in their delivery of high-quality software that meets all of the obligations of our contributors, practitioners, and customers. Engineering Services support the product teams in three key areas: release engineering, software compliance, and internal systems and tooling.In this role, you can expect to:
- Work closely with our Sales and Customer Success teams to solicit feedback on customer needs.
- Support our Enterprise Architect team in building out reference architectures for our products.
- Coordinate with our Security team to validate and implement best security practices.
- Develop and maintain Terraform modules to build out solutions for our products.
- Build out a testing pipeline for our Terraform modules across AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Implement various scalability tests to find the limits of our reference architecture.
- Develop interesting benchmarking scenarios like the Million Container Challenge.
- You are comfortable and enthusiastic about adopting the HashiCorp way of building systems using an infrastructure as code approach and taking advantage of immutable infrastructure.
- You have experience with Terraform.
- You have experience with Bash or other scripting language.
- You have hands-on experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or Salt, and a thoughtful understanding about when and how to use them.
- You have experience operating AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud including access control (IAM) and some network topology design.
- You have experience using source management tools like Git.
- You have a willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- You are driven to make iterative improvements as we mature our systems and organization.
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect to how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.