The HashiCorp community is a mixture of a variety of people that include professionals, volunteers, students, and employees who collaborate to make HashiCorp tools better every day. We prioritize inclusion in these communities and constantly find ways to engage with them in every way possible. Last year, HashiCorp gave away a number of conference passes to the various organizations to join us for HashiConf, our flagship user conference. This year we are excited to build on that contribution and introduce HashiCorp Diversity Scholarship Program. The intent is to assist members of our community who are from underrepresented groups in the technology and open source communities with these scholarships— to cover the costs associated with HashiConf or HashiDays conferences.
» Scholarship Categories
The scholarship categories are broken down based on three type of attendees. The categories are as follows:
- Local Attendee - The person applying lives in the city where the conference will be hosted. They will be eligible for getting a free conference pass.
- Regional Attendee - The person applying lives in the same country where the conference will be hosted. They will be eligible for a conference pass, hotel, and regional transit (train, bus or airplane).
- Remote Attendee - The person applying lives in a different country from where the conference will be hosted. The person will be eligible for a conference pass, hotel, and domestic/international transit (airplane).
» Scholarship Criteria
Scholarships will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Applicants must be from traditionally underrepresented groups in technology, cloud, or open source communities.
- Not limited to: LGBTQ, women, people of color, people with disabilities, military service, people that are without any financial assistance.
» Selection Process
The selection will be made by a diverse group of reviewers that are employees of HashiCorp. The scholarships will be awarded based on need and impact on the community.
Note: All applications will be kept confidential.
» Scholarship Application
Application submissions are open immediately. To apply use the following link: Apply here
Applications closing dates are:
- April 1st, 2018 for HashiDays
- July 1st, 2018 for HashiConf
Scholarship recipients will be announced:
- 2nd week of April for HashiDays
- 2nd week of July for HashiConf
We are really excited to kick off HashiCorp Diversity Scholarship Program as it helps us build on the things we value most when it comes to community building. We want everyone to have a fair chance at experiencing this journey with us both as a community and as a company. Feel free to get in touch with Nic Jackson (@sheriffjackson) and Anubhav Mishra (@anubhavm) on twitter with any questions or concerns.
We look forward to your applications!