Product Education Engineer
Product Education Engineer, Consul
Location: This role may be located anywhere in the US - Remote
As a Product Education Engineer at HashiCorp, you will become an expert in Consul (including Consul Enterprise) and teach others to become experts. You will be the source of truth for operational recommended practices, implementation guidance, and solution architecture.
Consul is a distributed service mesh to connect, secure, and configure services across any runtime platform and public or private cloud. It is primarily operated in code and on the command line. Consul is one of the most popular infrastructure projects on GitHub and sees over 1 million downloads each month. Consul Enterprise builds on those features for global organizations operating mission-critical systems at scale. For this role you should be comfortable working with code and the command line.
This role is cross-functional between product, engineering, sales engineering, and customer success. You should be excited about taking feedback and requests from the field, coming up with creative solutions to real-world problems, and documenting those solutions for others to learn from. You should be passionate about devops, microservices, security, teaching, and education — both internally for HashiCorp employees and externally for HashiCorp users.
We want you to
- Write beginner, intermediate, and expert training materials to be delivered in-person by HashiCorp trainers and online
- Write recommended practice guides for using Consul in a production setting
- Curate educational resources created by other HashiCorp staff and the open source community
- Distribute and evangelize educational material to HashiCorp staff to assist with the adoption of Consul at organizations of all sizes
- Write guides for teams who are collaborating around Consul
- Write clear guides for specific Consul use cases
- Create hands-on coding exercises and interactive experiences to help practitioners become confident with Consul
- Create slides and diagrams to explain the concepts around using Consul
- Convert existing code samples to work on multiple cloud providers
- Record product demos using screen capture software
- Explore other teaching tools for educating users on Consul
- Educate HashiCorp sales engineers on the new functionality in each Consul release
- Collaborate with sales engineers and solution architects to understand customer use cases and document solutions
Required Skills & Experience
- In your cover letter or resumé, describe how you’ve worked with microservices, DNS, proxies, or any distributed system deployment. Include a link to a sample of your writing on any technical topic.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role such as technical trainer, sales engineer, technical account manager, customer success engineer, enterprise architect, software engineer, or other relevant work experience.
- Experience running command line applications and developing/deploying web services on the cloud is required. Optional familiarity with microservices, proxies, DNS, TLS, and application monitoring will help you excel in this role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - this will be tested during the interview process.
- Experience in teaching or education. This could be as a technical evangelist, tutor, or mentor.
- Genuine curiosity in learning how to learn and how to teach others to learn efficiently.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience operating and maintaining Consul in a production environment is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with audio/video (recording, microphones, Adobe Premiere Pro, Screenflow or Camtasia) is preferred but not required.
- Experience with graphic design or visual explanations in preferred but not required.
- Experience delivering curriculum, exams, and certifications via training partners is preferred but not required.
HashiCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.