Product Manager - Nomad Ecosystem
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
Nomad is HashiCorp’s container and workload orchestrator. Its open source community has thousands of active, engaged users. Nomad has a range of plugin-based features that allow it to integrate with different storage and networking providers, arbitrary hardware devices like GPUs, and a range of workload types including Docker, Java, .Net, and more. Nomad also has native integrations with HashiCorp's Consul and Vault. This role is dedicated to expanding that ecosystem by continuing to increase these types of integrations, and also pursuing other creative distribution channels. This role sits at the convergence of business strategy, partnership strategy, and product strategy. You will work with Nomad practitioners, technology partners, and cloud partners to understand their needs and advance the Nomad ecosystem.
You will drive Nomad’s ecosystem strategy and manage the product lifecycle for Nomad's plugin systems and other integrations. This role is for strategic thinkers who like to understand and map market landscapes, and then build product roadmaps to win those markets. You will set the ecosystem strategy, conduct user research, define requirements, and oversee execution across engineering, and marketing. You will work closely with the Nomad ecosystem engineering team to support release cycles in order to continuously expand the Nomad ecosystem.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles
- Write detailed ecosystem strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Nomad practitioners, ecosystem partners, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all partners
- Keep sales and marketing teams updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc.)
- Define the product roadmap and strategy
- Lead sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enable the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years of product management experience with developer products
- 1+ years of experience with partnership efforts
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Ability to explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.